3rd DARIAH-HR International Conference “Digital Humanities & Heritage”
The third international conference on Digital Humanities and Heritage, DARIAH-HR, is now accepting paper submissions. The conference will take place at the University Computing Centre in Zagreb, Croatia, on October 25-27, 2023.
Heritage Matters: Fostering Collaborative Infrastructure
Conference Dates: 25-27 October 2023
Location: University Computing Centre – SRCE, Josipa Marohnića 5, Zagreb, Croatia
Conference organisers: Institute of Ethnology and Folklore Research, Zagreb; University of Zagreb, University Computing Centre – SRCE; University of Rijeka, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences; University of Zadar, Department of Information Sciences; ICARUS Hrvatska
About the conference:
The DARIAH-HR conference “Digital Humanities and Heritage” endeavors to facilitate collaboration and knowledge sharing among scholars, humanities experts, and professionals specializing in library and information science, archival studies, and museum cultural resource management. By highlighting the interdependent relationship between digital humanities and heritage, this conference aims to promote the adoption of digital technologies as both a methodological approach and a powerful tool within the realms of heritage, humanities, social sciences, and arts.
This event serves as a crucial platform for stakeholders engaged in heritage and its ongoing digital transformation. The DHH2023 conference will gather researchers, practitioners, technology experts, and enthusiasts who recognize the immense potential of merging technology with traditional disciplines to reshape the comprehension, preservation, and exploration of our collective cultural heritage.
In line with the conference theme “Heritage Matters: Fostering Collaborative Infrastructure”, the following topics are particularly encouraged:
- Best practices in building and maintaining collaborative digital infrastructure for cultural heritage
- The intersection of technology, AI, and cultural heritage research
- Innovative approaches to digital cultural preservation
- Digital cultural heritage
- Collaborative approaches to heritage conservation and restoration
- Heritage tourism: enhancing infrastructure and visitor experiences
- The role of education and research in heritage infrastructure development
- Community engagement in heritage infrastructure projects: empowering local stakeholders
- Digital documentation and mapping of cultural heritage: tools, techniques, and challenges
- Legal and policy frameworks for heritage infrastructure preservation and management…
Additional topics of interest that are welcome are:
- Artificial intelligence and digital humanities
- Digital humanities and social justice
- Digital storytelling
- Evaluation practices in humanities and artistic research
- Open access scholarly publishing
- Research data in humanities – defining, storing, sharing, re-use, infrastructure
- Knowledge organization in digital humanities systems
- Digital libraries, archives, and museums…
We invite proposals for individual presentations, panel sessions, posters, and interactive workshops for the conference.
Abstracts for proposals should not exceed 500 words and must be submitted, along with a concise biographical note (maximum 200 words), to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2 September (new deadline!). We welcome submissions of completed, original, and unpublished research, as well as contributions presenting work in progress.
Authors of selected papers will be invited to prepare a submission for an edited, peer-reviewed volume.
Participation in the Digital Humanities and Heritage Conference 2023 is free of charge.
We look forward to your participation in the Digital Humanities and Heritage Conference 2023 and to a fruitful exchange of ideas and knowledge. For further information, please visit our conference website at dhh.dariah.hr/home/ or contact us at email@example.com.
- Conference dates: 25-27 October 2023
- Abstract submission deadline: 25 August 2023
- Notification of acceptance: 20 September 2023